Friday, May 11, 2012

face the judgemental

Assalamualaikum, it is Friday again, alhamdulillah. Allah still giving us the chance to live in this temporary world. For this post, I'm gonna talk something about judgemental, and how it affects you, but yeah, merely I will be talking about how it affects me for sure since I'm the one who is writing now right? lol ;p

k, first of all, I do see positive effects of facing judgemental people. Oh wait, I think it would be splendid if we take just a few seconds to revise on what judgemental really means, so that what am I gonna said won't be far from the actual meaning-Inclined to make judgments, especially moral or personal ones.  so now u guys know what is judgemental right? throughout my life, I have seen some examples of this kinda normal thing that everyone had already face, at least once in their lifetime. since I was kid, my mom had taught me how to deal with wayyy much older people than me, since I was the one who accompanied her to sell nasi lemak and some kuih muih near the road. when dealing with customers, they are people who really annoying( sorry to say), while some are very kind and can be really patient. I had witnessed how patient my mom are when we have to sell those food when the weather are bad, when her friends cheated on her and so on. But you know what? Those annoying people that I had met when I was kid, makes me grew even stronger, and they had taught me not be so sensitive of what people might say about you, about what you do, as long as you do the right thing. And from that, I had learned that words had no effects if you did not let them affecting you. I did not go to kindergarten when I was 6, since at that age my family moved to Kuala Lumpur. But, lucky me, my mom bought me some english and malay books, for me to read with my sister. My abah also like to encourage me to read more and more to increase my knowledge. So, when I was in Standard 1, people might think I maybe wayyy far from my classmates in terms of my studies since most of them went to pre-school for at least 1 year, and if see nowadays, kids from age of 4 already go to pre-school, which I did not really agree. why? gotta to explain in the next post. so back to story, those days, when I was kid, those judgemental did not affected me at all, seriously. I just go to school, learned as much as I can and I did not even care if most of my friends went to pre-school and I didn't, coz for me, learning process has no boundaries. when I was in Standard 2, my teacher asked us to make some presentation in class, so since I love to write poems, I think I wanna read one of my poems in front of class, but at that time, I'm a bit afraid of crowd, afraid of those judgemental, afraid they might say I am bad, and those faking words that keeps on playing in my subsconcious mind. and here comes my hero, my abah and mom asked me to practise in front of them the night before the presentation, my abah said " just do it, what are you afraid for?"a good challenge there, and I accepted it. when I was in standard 5, there were some conflicts in my school, a conflict to choose who is the representative of our school to participate in the story-telling competition since the one who always enter the competition can't make it that time. I saw my bm teacher with a bundle of story-books and I asked her is it that hard to talk in front of crowd? then she challenged me, " you read this book, and perform in front of your classmate tomorrow." so, just went through it, and you know what, alhamdulillah, I am selected. How am I doing that? Practising in front my brother and just have the confidence to challenge myself. Though, some people said " you can't do it, it is tough and bla bla bla", finally I managed to conquer my own mind : by proving to them, hey you are wrong! By participating in many debate competition, those memorable experiences had taught me a lot to be a positive people, to nurture those positive thinking in my mind. Coz in debate, I had learned not to give in to any provocations, or any harsh words that opponents might throw to you, you just gotta take it and smile. when I was in my matriculation life, I am kinda a passive person: not talk too much, just have very few friends, but I would say, those friends are the people that had changed me, to be more positive in life. You know what, the quantity of your friends represent nothing, their qualities are! and again, one story from pasum, there were an English week, where we had to choose one representative to participate in the public speaking competition, it is an inter-college activities. one of of my friends nominated me and I still remembered those dialogue:

friend: eh masukla public speaking ni, tak de wakil kot kumpulan s
me: tapi, ni dalam english, dan banyak la kena hafal
friend: kau pernah masuk tak sebelum ni?
me: pernahla, tapi semua bm, mana pernah bi
friend: good then! ni la masanya nak try. you never know your potential kan?
me: urmm
another friend: wah, ko nak masuk public speaking doe? susah kot, sorang2 kat depan, kau kalau blur sape nak tolong?
friend: ala masukjelah, belum cuba belum tahu
friend of friend: kau kalau taknak public speaking, ambik public phone haha masuk jelah nak pk apa lagi..

and I'm in. and the result really suprising me. really different from what I had been expected, alhamdulillah. so, you guys out there, what am I trying to say, from a very long entry, telling you guys about some of my childhood stories is that, I wanna you guys to be brave, to make a difference in your life, no matter how people might screw you, talking bad about you, just go on. You never know the result if you quit now, and as I said, life is a learning process, so don't inhibit it with all those negative words. Go there, and show to the world your potential. and let Allah do the rest.

words are powerful only when you give them the power. remember that ok?

btw, thanks to all who had visited my blog, reading those posts. Writing is my hobby, expressing what I think is my natural passion. so, if you do find any flaws in my writings, just lemme know, we can discuss in a harmony way. thank you for spending your precious time. just keep on praying that I would be a good writer who will produce a good book for mind in the future, will you? :D

and whenever people said something that makes you feels down, just(see below)

and smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment